Data Cloud’s Snowflake Snowflake Summit, now in its fourth year, was attended by about 9,000 people in Las Vegas, Nevada, in June, and more than 11,500 people registered.
The Snowflake Summit 2022 is the largest in-person conference ever held by Snowflake and aims to bring together clients, partners, technicians and executives to explore the power of the Data Cloud. The four-day conference featured four keynote speeches, 275+ sessions covering 10 different sessions, more than 200 ecosystem partners, 100+ client speakers, 28 hands-on labs, numerous SnowPro ™ certifications earned by conference attendees, and more. .
Snowflake Chairman and CEO Frank Slotman and Snowflake Founder and Product President Benoit Dagueville kicked off the event by setting up seven key innovation pillars that put Snowflake at the forefront of technology and information innovation. The main topic was Snowflake, which first changed analytics, then collaboration, and now software development with Data Cloud.
Christian Kleinerman, Deputy Director of Snowflake Products, gave a keynote address on product capabilities and innovations that are advancing the Data Cloud.
● Unistore workload: Snowflake’s converter Unistore workload is currently viewed privately, opening up new instances of transaction usage and creating a modern approach to working with transactional and analytics data on a single platform.
● Native Application Framework: Snowflake’s Native Application Framework is currently being introduced privately, allowing developers to quickly, easily make money, and deploy data-intensive applications in the Data Cloud.
● Cyber Security Workload: The new Snowflake Cyber Security Workload provides security teams with an integrated, reliable, and scalable information platform that helps them eliminate black spots and respond to threats on a cloud scale.
● Data Programming Updates: Snowflake’s data programming improvements, including a major integration with Snowpark for Python and Streamlit, which is currently being introduced to the public, are being developed for Python’s rich ecosystems as an open source package, libraries for data researchers, information engineers, application developers to optimize development, build and share interactive applications.
● Advanced data access: New updates to Snowflake increase data access and make it easier to use data stored in open formats, with improvements designed to work with data that is currently available for personal previewing Snowpipe Streaming and currently being developed through Materialized Spreadsheets. Clouds with currently under development ice tables and external tables for storage in the Organization are currently available for personal preview.
● Advances in the Snowflake Market: The Snowflake market now extends beyond just data and expands to offer applications that run on the Cloud, enabling customers to gain value faster, improve security and governance, and use the latest technology in a collaborative effort. If available, service providers reach out to more customers through the Snowflake Market and use the money-making method.
Capital One, Geico, Novartis, Warner Bros. More than 100 customer meetings from organizations such as Discovery and shared best practices and strategies for achieving data-driven results. In addition, AT&T is the winner of the 2022 North American Data Drivers Awards, which rewards Snowflake users who lead organizations and re-imagine what they can do with Data Cloud.
Snowflake’s extensive partner ecosystem shared more than 80 statements around the Snowflake Summit. In addition, Snowflake shared record growth with 425 partners in the Powered by Snowflake program and more than 165 partners in the Snowflake market (as of April 30, 2022). Snowflakes has also launched a new Snowflake Partner Network (SPN) competency program that allows partners to validate and differentiate their Snowflake vertical expertise from customers, the Snowflake team, and the overall Data Cloud ecosystem.
The Snowflake Summit also recognized the first-ever companies using Snowflake to create innovative applications and products for the 2022 Snowflake Startup Challenge. Hundreds of organizations competed for up to $ 1 million in funding from Snowflake Ventures, and on June 16, Snowflake CMOs, Dennis Persson and Dageville announced the winners live on stage. Sequoia Capital, the CEO of Snowflake’s board, and members of the Snowflake board chose Houseware as the final winner. Snowflake Ventures has also announced recent investments in Domino Data Lab, Immuta and Matillion.
Snowflake halved its “putting customers first” value by presenting the latest results of the 2022 Consumer Experience Survey at the Snowflake Summit. In an annual survey conducted in June 2022 in collaboration with Walker, Snowflake was rated by more than 6,000 consumers in more than 50 countries, providing a Snowflake Net Support (NPS) score. This year’s NPS score of 72 is three times the industry average of 19 points based on the Qualtrics 2021 NPS Industry Benchmarking Report, indicating that Snowflake’s customers continue to be focused.
Snowflake CMO Denise Persson said: “The Snowflake Summit 2022 was all about the‘ World of Data Collaboration ’and the energy, announcements and attendance at the event was truly amazing.
“Every year, the Snowflake Summit raises the bar, and this year it’s no exception that people from all over the world come together to share information, learn, collaborate, and explore new ways to grow their business using the data cloud.”